Saturday, April 6, 2019

Reflection...

Creating 1% was a journey...

From the beginning of this project to the end I have extremely developed my production skills and learned how to create, produce, and distribute the film. Starting from creating the storyboard all the way to finding the specific element we could include as easter eggs, the beginning process developed my imagination and creativity to think outside of the book to make the film opening as realistic as possible. This came from the misc-en-scene elements such as the color blue representing sex-trafficking awareness, the National Human Trafficking awareness day being placed at the beginning of the opening, the pictures in the film representing the diversity of the victims, and the white clothing representing the innocence of the victims. When it came to location scouting and preparation I gained knowledge on the extensive research and preparation that goes into the film before the actual production. While filming I began understanding the time-extensive process of having every shot be perfect and the constant refilming when something does not come out as planned. I learned how to direct and place the image in my mind on the big screen. I entered a whole new world when it came to editing and learned how to produce different elements and edits such as the camcorder effects and the battery percentage. I never knew how time-extensive these processes are and how much behind the scenes work needs to be produced in order for the final film opening to be created.
Throughout this process, I have learned the ups and downs of working with others and the time it takes to create true art. I'm so glad that I was able to produce this work with a team that worked collaboratively and efficiently. 1% has taught me the behind the scenes work of creating a film and developing an idea into an actual project. Creativity was essential and I'm extremely glad that this project gave us the opportunity to expand our minds and learn so much about this process. There is no better feeling than watching the responses you wanted when showing someone your film opening. I'm extremely satisfied with the final project and hope that whoever sees it will be impacted by the true purpose of the film opening being created, which is to create awareness about sex-trafficking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

CCR! Enjoy... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBgMBwhuBsg Just in case... Google Drive https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vFB90COHv...